Thursday, November 22, 2012

Adrien's Story

New story submission from our R.I.S.E. facebook page:

"I'm an adult survivor of childhood sexual abuse. I was molested by a step-dad from age 7-12, He was in his 40's and 16 years older than my mother. After I finally told and my mother divorced him, he married my aunt (my mom's older half sister
-who he is still with) & he later molested/raped my younger cousin by that aunt.

My cousin has done well in her healing, but I have struggled. I'm 33 now, and I still cry about the damage that was done. Some days are better than others but my strength lies in Christ. My Christian family has accepted me as I am, and God has answered so many prayers having to do with my healing process.

I've accomplished a lot in my adult life, and have grown to accept that I'm a survivor. I've learned that sexual abuse will forever be a part of who I am, but that I don't have to let it define me. I'm happy to say I love & respect myself now, and am taking life one day at a time.

Thank you to all of you at R.I.S.E. for all you do. Never stop encouraging us, because although many of us may not publicly respond, we all see and read your posts.

I know this is difficult for survivors to talk about because of how shameful we were made to feel by our manipulative abusers, but the cure to ending this tragedy is speaking out & making others aware.

-Adrien ♥"

If you have a story of your own to share, don't be afraid to message us. We will never share your story without permission from you.
Stay Strong, and Keep Rising!

-Kylie & the RISE team. ♥


You can also find R.I.S.E. at the sites below:
Website: avoiceforheather.tripod.com

Myspace: myspace.com/avoiceforheather
Blog: avoiceforheather.blogspot.com
Facebook:www.facebook.com/avoiceforheather
Twitter: www.twitter.com/VoiceforHeather
Email: VoiceforHeather@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment