Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Anonymous - Warrior

New story submission from our R.I.S.E. facebook page::

"I was sexually, physically, emotionally and verabally abused for about 7 and a half years. People would pay my grandmother (on my dad's side), and in exchange, she would let them have sex with me. At that time, I was between the ages of 7 and 13. I started cutting when I was about 12 years old, because I thought that the physical pain was better than the emotional.

I was finally able to get out of that situation, but then, one month before my 15th birthday, I was Raped. About one week later, I tried to comit suicide. I stabbed myself, and all the doctors were surprised I didn't do any internal damage.

I was 17 when I told my family what happened between my grandmother and me, and they still don't know everything that went on, but at the same time, I have been coping with major depression, anxiety, panic attacks and PTSD. I have tried getting justice for myself, because I want to see that my grandmother pays for all the times she hurt me, but they say I can't because it is too late... 

So, I have moved on. I do have those days when I question "What am I still doing here?" but, I move forward, because I don't want to let her win. I am going to win by fighting my battle, and by knowing that everything she put me through has made me a stronger person. 

I am also able to understand other people that where abused as children now, and this is why I am currently in college to become a social worker. 

I will never forget what happened to me, but it dosen't bother me like it used to. I have finally been able to heal. I am a survivor."

-Anonymous

NOTE: If you feel the need to share your story, you can send us a private message on our Facebook. We will not post it without your permission. Sharing your story is the first step to healing, and should you choose to let us post your story, you could be helping someone else in your situation realize that they are not alone. You might even save someone's life.

Keep Rising!

-Kylie (Founder)



You can also find R.I.S.E. at the sites below:

No comments:

Post a Comment